Please note that Ashburton DOES NOT HAVE a bus service - this is a demonstration site only.
The TrackABus service uses Global Positioning System (GPS) hardware and wireless communications technology to track the real-time location of buses. This lets you use your computer, cell phone, smartphone or other tech device to get information about when the next bus will arrive at your stop, even if you are still at home, the office, shopping, or dining.
TrackABus is available using a desktop website, a mobile website (which can also be used as an accessibility-friendly text-only desktop website) on iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, or other smartphones. The Transit App integration for iPhone and Android apps is under development. For instructions on how to use each version of TrackABus visit the Help Pages.
To provide comments, questions and feedback on the TrackABus website or other tools (for example, if a bus was on the route but was not showing up in the TrackABus system), email us at: . We appreciate your help in improving the accuracy of the TrackABus service.
If you have experienced a problem with the TrackABus service, please provide
as much of the following information to the email address above so we can research the issue:
- Date and time you experienced the problem
- The number of the particular bus that had a problem (3 or 4-digit number typically located on the front of the bus or above the front door)
- Bus stop and/or route number
- Type of computer or device you used (e.g. Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android, etc)
- If the problem occurred using a desktop or laptop computer, the type of web browser (and version) you were using.
- If you think it would help explain the problem, please include a screenshot.
The TrackABus NZ service is based on the great work of the OneBusAway New York and OneBusAway teams. If you are interested in the wider OneBusAway project please visit - The OneBusAway New York City project -